Monday, July 28, 2008

Terrific Weekend...

I had a great weekend with my scrappy friends Heather and Sue. We met at Archiver's and shopped. Of course, we all spent obscene amounts of money in just a matter of 45 minutes or less. But you know...it was things I just had to have. While at Archiver's I saw a few of my Atlanta Pea gals starting their day of scrapbook fun. It was good to see them. I was jealous of course because heck fire, they were scrapping! In any case, Heather, Sue and myself went to a great cafe called MiMi's and had a wonderful brunch. We talked nearly two hours and it was great to just sit and chat over a wonderful meal and coffee. This was the official "send off" of Heather. She is headed to Jackson, Mississippi and she will be greatly missed.

Sue and I have decided to crop this coming weekend at Archiver's for the Create.Crop.Cure for Breast Cancer. It is a 12 hour crop and all proceeds (100%) go to benefit breast cancer research. I have decided to crop in the memory of my sister-in-law, Karen Archer. She lost her battle with Breast Cancer in November of 2006. I know Karen would have loved to be part of such a wonderful event. Karen was actually scrapbooking her memories when she lost her battle with the cancer that plagued her and her family for 2 years. My brother-in-law said all of her scrappy goodies were still on the dining room table when she passed. So, Karen has scrapbooks unfinished. One day, I will head to Boca Raton, Fl. and sit with Karen's daughter and help her complete the scrapbooks when the time is right. So, this coming Saturday is more than just a grand time of Cropping for a Cure...it will be a time for me to remember a bright light that was dimmed by such a terrible disease.

I love that the color for Breast Cancer is Pink. It is a baby soft pink and a few months ago I made a few cards with pink in them. I no longer have these cards as I have given them away...but here is a creative glance for you to gander at and be inspired.



Have a wonderful and creative week.

2 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment ,I appreciate it XXX

Sandie said...

I host a yearly Crop for the Cure and plan to host it again this year. This year I will incorporate it with a new pet project Quilt for the Cure. Since both are favorite hobbies of mine this should be a lot of fun!