Thursday, August 7, 2008

Full Circle!

Well, I have recently celebrated another birthday. My wonderful husband surprised me and took me to Chastain Amphitheatre to see Cheap Trick, Heart, and Journey in concert. It was a hot humid evening but the atmosphere just could not be beat! So, I have been going through old photos and came across a photo that was damaged by time and light. I scanned the photo and cropped it to the best of my ability and tried to enhance the color. I am thinking it was too damaged to really show the fun and funkiness of a homemade outfit that my mother made for me. But I find it interesting that in 40 years this fashion of prints has come full circle and is once again in the world of fashion and it finds it way onto scrapbooking papers as well. Fun, Funky, and Full of Color!
I often wonder what happened to these outfits that my mother sewed with great detail and affection. Oh well, that is a story that will not have an ending. So, this brings me back to Chastain Amphitheatre Park. They will be having a "HIPPIE DAY" with the music from the late 1960's and early 1970's when the Age of Aquarius was in full bloom and ideas as well as music was stretching the envelope of reserved parents. I remember my mother was quite the BEATNIK and loved out of the box fun things. Beads, Flowers, Colors, and Art filled our home and my mother was on the cutting edge of women's rights and completing her law degree. Funny, I do not remember her wearing these funky colors to court. But then again, I am sure she only let me see and know limited things from this time. But I do remember being the center of her attention during a time when our country and the youth had much to say.

1 comment:

Birgit said...

Ohhh, that is so cute! I think i have some of that kind of pictures somewhere. Might get them out now! Thanks for the inpiration and for your comments on my blog!