Monday, September 14, 2009

Stepping out of my Scrappy Box...

Well, I must say that I am for once in a very long time enjoying painting and incorporating my scrappy goodies within my canvas art. Mixed-Media painting is so "freeing" for me. My latest venture in this painting I used brads, paint, patterned paper, and Studio Calico's ACEO's that are usually in place of journal spots or however you intend to create with them. I simply adore them and they were perfect for this creation. I stretched a 20" x 20" canvas and layered my paints until I achieved the hues that I wanted. Here is my finished project.
This week is going to be a creative week for me. I am preparing for the Bizarre Bazaar that we be held here on November 7th. I have two stations and I am pretty excited. I just hope that the majority of "on lookers" like what I am creating.
That is always a huge boost to one's ego and a confirmation.

There is a chill in the air today...Autumn is on the cusp...

12 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

This is super cool! Love it!

ellen s. said...

way way cool!

Unknown said...

Looks great. It's always fun to get the paints out!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love those pinwheels--very cool!

Jenn said...

wow, this is so awesome!

Jennifer Davis said...

Really a job well done! Thanks for sharing!

Katrina Hunt said...

great canvas!! Love it!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

wow - this is just incredible!

Linda Rodriguez said...

What a cool project!!

Pattie said...

This piece is really great mixed media work :)

Erika said...

wow - I LOVE This, How creative!

Lauren said...

How much FUN is this? Your pinwheels came out adorable!