Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photography Trends and CHA

Yes, it opened just a bit ago.  CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Convention!  Are you there?

Just surfing around this morning while my laundry is churning and I was delighted to see that "overexposed" photography is now considered "OUT!"  In my day, this kind of photography was not a consideration for a comment of "well done."  In my day, we also used chemicals to process our film, too.

I was just really excited to see that professional photographers all around the world do not care for this type of photography and sees it as always, a "FAD."  One blog read, "the overexposed photo fad stemmed from Calvin Klein's Advertisement back in Spring of 2009."  WHEW!  What a relief.  I thought this was going to be the "new" formula for consideration of, "perfect picture."


Photos of Overexposed Fashion Ads (Via: calvinkleininc, homotography.blogspot)


Well, "fads" are for inspiring and not longevity.  They are not for what will remain but they are for what will become.  I am so happy about this.  I love candid-real photos.  Not photo shopped, cropped, or bamboozled in some way to make a shot look different than it truly is.  I think this is why many people love "heritage photos."  But truly, did we really think that "overexposed photos" were really good?



1 comment:

Angela said...

Thank you...I was wondering the same thing and feeling the same way about it!!