Saturday, May 1, 2010

National Scrapbooking Day!

Happy National Scrapbook Day!
The RUN for the Roses today here in Kentucky will be MUDDY/Sloppy! I sure hope those fabulous and expensive hats/bonnets make it through to Derby Time. With this said, Art Freckles is having a BLOG HOP! Details are below:

HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1:
There are 7 blogs on the blog hop. Leave a comment on ALL 7 blogs and you will be entered into a draw for the Art Freckles NSD giveaway!

Step 2: Check out the challenges on Shannon and each of the DT's blogs. Complete a challenge and link it back to that persons blog in the comment section. For each challenge you complete and link back, you will receive another ballot for the giveaway.
Step 3: Create just ONE layout using ALL of the challenge items from the 6 blogs and link it back to the Art Freckles blog to receive TRIPLE THE BALLOTS!! How fun is that!?

You can check out the prize package on the Art Freckles blog.
Our theme is 'BACK TO BASICS'. Thinking back to the tools and techniques we used when we first started scrapbooking.

For me, this may be hard as I only started scrapbooking back in 2005. So, I thought I would show a few of my layouts and I chose to showcase BUTTONS. Be sure to use buttons on your layout (see step 3 above).

My creations are from the years of 2005 and 2006. It is kinda funny looking back at how I used to scrap. I hope you have a great day of creating and sharing a memory with BASIC Scrapbooking Techniques.
In the above layout:
I used buttons and at this particular time I was really into doodling on my layouts as well.


In the above layout:
I layered the buttons and used twine in some detail with each of the button stacks.

Here are the next blogs you need to visit to gather your layout information!
Good Luck


Art Freckles Blog
Shannon
Lindasueanne
Jamie
Jill

Be sure to leave a comment here and let me know you are on the HOP!

19 comments:

Jackie L. said...

Thanks for sharing your early work with us Kimberly !

~~Mia~~ said...

awesome work kimberly!! i love using buttons....{{eek}} does that mean i am 10 years behind?!!

tinascrapbooking said...

Thanks for sharing , Happy NSD!!

Christine VanDenBroek said...

love your photos they are great

Renée said...

Kimberly, I have always loved your style! You are such a fantastic scrapbooker!

Cyndi said...

Very colourful creations Kimberly! Buttons are a fav of mine.....tons of those around to use up. Happy NSD! Don't work too hard today :)

Christine VanDenBroek said...

love your photos and love using buttons

Christine VanDenBroek said...

love your photos

Tanya said...

WOW Kimberly!!!!! Your pages just awesome!!! Thanks for blog hop - I found your beautiful blog - I'm your follower now.
Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!
Thanks!

~~Mia~~ said...

awesome lo kimberly!!!! here is mine!!

http://www.artfreckles.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-2597

Jacqueline said...

Your earlier work looks way better than mine! Thanks for sharing.

JoanneK said...

Definately loving your button pages Kim!!! They are really cool! Great challenge!

Veronica said...

Awesome pages and awesome music on your blog....you are my last stop on the blog hop....and loved every minute of it....you all are such wonderful writers and communicators!

Jamie Harder said...

I LOVE buttons!!! Fun pages!!!!

Pastor Amy said...

Hey, Love the way you layered the buttons in the second layout. I never thought of that, it looks fun, and gives it a stepped up look, I am going to have to go and play now! Happy NSD!

Pastor Amy said...

Hey, Love the way you layered the buttons in the second layout. I never thought of that, it looks fun, and gives it a stepped up look, I am going to have to go and play now! Happy NSD!

Anonymous said...

I think buttons are one of the few embellishments that have stood the test of time. I loved them when I started scrapping and I still love them.

Jill Sarginson said...

Great layout! I love how you've changed up the buttons by adding the thread/twine!

JoanneK said...

Here is my page using buttons!
http://www.artfreckles.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10032/normal_DSC07750.JPG