Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's Sinking In...

Wow, I really cannot believe I used to do this. You know, raising a family and working. Except before I had the boys home, all 4 of them. I am still trying to get my bearings but I must say, I completely forgot how time consuming and how much money I used to spend just to stay on top of my game *fashion* wise and it is NOT CHEAP I tell ya.

Yesterday, I had my Hair CutI have my make up updated and refilled by my favorite, CliniqueYes, I did it...I went and had a manicure and nails done. I have not had acrylic nails for over 7 years. I have never scrapped with these nails on either. They definitely make my hands look nicer. But all I can think about is "can I play with my glue in these things?" Silly, I know.This time around, we just have one child home. Our little girl. She is adjusting well. We have her in a fabulous after school program and she is crafting and playing games. I was off work yesterday and went to pick her up early and she was not ready to go. She was busy crafting, therefore,
I stayed with her and watched her creativity bring a smile to her face as I joined in and did whatever she wanted me to do on her "melting" project.


I think this new change is good. I am meeting incredible people and find I smile much more throughout my day and I am not alone in my own little world. I am part of a team. It is nice and the reward so far is great.

Now, just to fit in my creative time and learn to unwind playing with my paints, paper, and glue.

3 comments:

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Best of luck to you and your family as you all get into this new groove. Sounds like you are pampered and ready for action!

Shannon said...

It sounds like things are going in a positive motion Kimberly, and I couldn't be happier for you! ((hugs))

~~Mia~~ said...

i'm glad it is going well kimberly!!! and look at you all fashiony, nails and all! :) you'll have to post a pic of your 'new work look!'